Beauty + You. Inspiration


It's so easy to get caught up in comparing ourselves and lives with others....especially with the prevalence of social media. There is always someone that is prettier, has more money and opportunity, more creative, more exciting, etc. It defeats our self worth when we constantly compare ourselves. I have been thinking about self esteem and about how much is a good thing? When does it turn in to a bad thing? Is there really such a thing as too much? Does too much self esteem turn into arrogance or is that something entirely separate? I've pondered these things for a week because I could use a little more self esteem in many areas......I don't want to come across to my children as being ashamed of myself but yet I don't want so much that I appear arrogant. Whew, this is a deep subject, one that I can easily over think. I want my children to be self assured but not arrogant and narcissistic. This quote really spoke to me since my mind has been thinking in this vein.......how beautiful is someone that is quietly self assured? That kind of self esteem comes from our trust in confidence in our creator I think......I mean how could it not? We are created in his likeness! This is something I want to focus on and help my children grasp in this upcoming year. What are your thoughts on this subject?

No comments:

Post a Comment