Baked Potato Soup Recipe



This soup is a staple around our house.......my comfort food. This is a recipe given to me by my mother that I tweaked and added to. I also switched from baking my potato's to cutting them in small chunks and boiling them, you can't tell any difference and it took a whole lot of work out of it. Most of the time when I make this I don't even measure anymore, it's similar to making gravy. If you know how to make gravy, you can make this.

I don't enjoy blogs that share step by step pics of how to mix it together because to be honest, I know how to measure and pour ingredients. :)



Baked Potato Soup

3/4 c. butter
2/3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 c. milk
1 c. sour cream
6 potato's peeled, chunked and boiled til softened
1/2 a bag of real bacon bits (the small bag)
2 c. shredded cheese

Melt the butter in a stockpot, stir in flour and make a roux. Add salt, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper and slowly add milk. Let the roux thicken then add more milk til all the milk is poured in. Once mixture is thickened add sour cream, stir til mixed. Add potato's, bacon bits and shredded cheese. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment